Allison F. Sheedy
Washington, D.C. Office
Allison F. Sheedy is an attorney in the Washington, DC office of Constantine Cannon. Ms. Sheedy’s practice focuses on civil antitrust litigation, government antitrust investigations involving potentially anticompetitive business practices, and consumer protection matters. Ms. Sheedy also provides advice on an array of antitrust issues, including general compliance, joint ventures, multijurisdictional investigations, the merger review process and merger investigations.
Ms. Sheedy has wide ranging experience with complex case litigation, and has represented clients, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in a variety of federal and state lawsuits involving commercial controversies.
Ms. Sheedy has represented clients in a diverse range of sectors including book publishing, health care, telemarketing, consumer electronics, shipping and logistics, and the credit card industry.
- Representation of major book publisher in connection with price fixing investigation and litigation by DOJ, state attorney generals, and private plaintiffs related to electronic books
- Representation of orthopedic society, practice groups and physicians in connection with group boycott investigation by DOJ
- Antitrust counseling and representation of national health insurance company in variety of transactions and litigations, including representation as third party in significant DOJ litigation related to most favored nations clauses
- Representation of film production company and telefunder for nonprofit groups in consumer protection litigation by FTC and DOJ involving First Amendment issues
- Representation of medical device manufacturer in defense of claims brought under Section 2 of the Sherman Act by competitor
Prior to joining Constantine Cannon in June 2013, Ms. Sheedy was counsel at the law firm of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP.
Ms. Sheedy received her B.A. in literature from Sarah Lawrence College in 1998 and her J.D. in 2006 from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she was Articles Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review. Ms. Sheedy also holds an M.A. in Liberal Studies from the New School for Social Research.
Ms. Sheedy is a member of the District of Columbia and Pennsylvania bars. She is a member of the Antitrust Section of the ABA and is a member of the Antitrust and Litigation Sections of the ABA.
- Washington DC, Pennsylvania
The London office of Constantine Cannon is a separate and independent limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (with registered number OC376384) with a registered office at 1 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7DX. Constantine Cannon LLP in London is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The professional rules applicable to the firm are available at the SRA website at www.sra.org.uk/rules.