Constantine Cannon LLP has extensive experience representing whistleblowers under the False Claims Act, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the vast array of other federal and state laws designed to encourage industry insiders to step forward and report fraud or misconduct. The firm’s whistleblower lawyers were among the first in the country to bring a claim under the whistleblower provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act.
A select listing of whistleblower cases in which the firm is currently engaged includes:
- Representation of two scientists who allege their former employer, a major pharmaceutical company, falsified test data to inflate the efficacy it reported to the FDA and on its drug labels.
- Representation of an industry analyst and a commodities trader who allege a scheme among certain financial institutions to price fix and manipulate the trading of futures contracts of certain commodities.
- Representation of a former lab technician who alleges the outpatient oncology clinic where she worked falsified patient records to support fraudulent billing of Medicare for services the clinic did not provide.
- Representation of an industry insider who alleges manipulation of the rates of certain government securities.
- Representation of healthcare executive who alleges his employer has engaged in various fraudulent practices to overcharge Medicare and Medicaid for services not performed or not performed as represented.
- Representation of financial services executive who alleges his employer has engaged in various fraudulent practices resulting in significant financial losses to certain classes of investors.
- Representation of contract officer who alleges the large government contractor where he worked submitted inflated billings to the government and failed to comply with numerous government contracting requirements.
- Representation of engineer who alleges the energy company where he worked received government subsidies based on fraudulent grant applications.
- Representation of compliance officer who alleges violations of securities laws, including insider abuse, at a publically-traded financial institution.
Learn more about our Whistleblower Law Firm Practice: click here