It historically is one of the most beleaguered of the federal agencies, often criticized for not doing enough to safeguard our food and drug supply. But over the last few weeks, the FDA has come out swinging with several unprecedented reforms, including:
· Increasing the exposure of generic drug makers for defective or mislabeled products;
· Banning the use of trans fats;
· Restricting the use of antibiotics on livestock; and
· Imposing new requirements for antibacterial soaps.
The question remains whether this recent flurry of activity is an aberration or a strong signal the FDA is getting more aggressive in its regulatory oversight. Let us know what you think.
Please let us know why in the comments!
* * *If you would like more information or would like to speak to a member of Constantine Cannon’s whistleblower lawyer team, please click here.