Whistleblowers who discover that a state or local government has been defrauded may be able to bring a qui tam suit.
While some state false claims acts are limited to healthcare fraud, others are more general and encompass many types of fraud against the state. Successful suits have been brought against telecommunications companies, financial firms, charter schools, construction companies, Medicaid providers and others, as can be seen on our State Fraud Actions page.
Our attorneys have successfully represented whistleblowers in state false claims act suits, including several of the largest recoveries under the California False Claims Act.
States with False Claims Acts and qui tam provisions
- Colorado – Healthcare fraud only
- Connecticut – Healthcare fraud only
- District of Columbia
- Louisiana – Healthcare fraud only
- Michigan – Healthcare fraud only
- New Hampshire – Healthcare fraud only
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Oklahoma – Healthcare fraud only
- Rhode Island
- Texas – Healthcare fraud only
- Washington – Healthcare fraud only