Simon Yeung is Of Counsel in the Firm’s Commercial Litigation and Antitrust Litigation groups and is involved in contentious matters in the Firm’s Art Law practice.
Simon’s practice focuses on commercial disputes, including competition damages claims and art-related claims. He acts for clients in proceedings before the English courts and Competition Appeal Tribunal, and in arbitration proceedings. He has previously acted for clients in proceedings in offshore jurisdictions, and in relation to a number of multi-jurisdictional investigations.
Simon has acted for a wide range of corporate clients, including a number of leading retailers in a competition damages claim, an insurance broker over a team move, and an investment fund, among others. Simon also acts on behalf of galleries and dealers, as well as private clients in relation to their art collections. His experience includes payment and financial services, as well as construction, among others.
Simon read General Engineering (with Civil Engineering) at Durham University before completing the GDL and LPC at the College of Law in York.
- Representing Euronet, a leading ATM operator, in litigation against Visa and Mastercard in the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal. The case was highlighted by The Lawyer as one of its “Top 20 cases for 2023”.
- Representing a large group of local authorities and fire and rescue authorities to bring a claim for damages arising from the Truck Cartel in the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Representing a leading gallery in the High Court and arbitration proceedings over claims brought by a high net worth family.
- Representing a leading antique dealer in several matters, including the sale and purchase of a Medieval artefact and a returned auction piece.
- Representing a family office regarding damage to a work on loan to an internationally renowned gallery.
- Representing a small group of dealers and collectors to challenge the ban imposed by the Ivory Act 2018 by way of a judicial review and appeal.
- Representing private clients in relation to their dealings with art gallery and auction house.
- Representing a number of leading merchants in follow-on and standalone damages litigation against Visa and MasterCard in the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Representing an insurance broker in relation to a multi-million dollar claim for damages over a team move to a rival brokerage firm.
- Representing an investment fund investing in real estate assets against misrepresentation claims brought in the Cayman Islands by investors, also investment funds.
- Senior Associate at Clyde & Co LLP
- Associate in the Complex Commercial Litigation Department of Sidley Austin LLP in London
- Associate in the Litigation Department of Latham & Watkins in London