Simon Yeung is an associate solicitor in the Firm’s Litigation and Antitrust Litigation groups.
Simon’s practice focuses on commercial disputes, including competition damages claims. He acts for clients in proceedings before the English courts, and in arbitration proceedings. He has previously acted for clients in proceedings in offshore jurisdictions, and in relation to a number of multi-jurisdictional investigations.
Simon has acted for a wide range of corporate clients, including a number of leading retailers in a competition damages claim, an insurance broker over a team move, and an investment fund, among others. His experience includes payment and financial services, as well as construction, among others.
Simon read General Engineering (with Civil Engineering) at Durham University before completing the GDL and LPC at the College of Law in York.
- Representing a number of leading merchants in follow-on and standalone damages litigation against Visa and MasterCard in the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Representing an insurance broker in relation to a multi-million dollar claim for damages over a team move to a rival brokerage firm.
- Representing a payment services company regarding potential issues with charges for services provided to clients.
- Representing an investment fund investing in real estate assets against misrepresentation claims brought in the Cayman Islands by investors, also investment funds.
- Representing a Russian company in respect of satellite High Court litigation arising out of the enforcement of an arbitration award against it.
- Representing a Russian company in relation to disputes with the vendor of a subsidiary company.
- Senior Associate at Clyde & Co LLP
- Associate in the Complex Commercial Litigation Department of Sidley Austin LLP in London
- Associate in the Litigation Department of Latham & Watkins in London