T: +44 (0)20 3668 5612
F: +44 (0)20 3668 5601
Richard Pike is a partner in the firm’s Antitrust Litigation and Counselling and Whistleblower Practice Groups. His practice covers a broad range of litigation and counselling, specializing in competition litigation and regulatory appeals, particularly in relation to telecommunications. He also counsels whistleblowers under the various whistleblower regimes in Europe and the United States. Mr Pike has considerable experience before the Competition Appeal Tribunal and Competition Commission as well as before the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and Privy Council.
Representative Clients, Cases or Matters
- Acting for a German manufacturer defending a damages claim arising out of the refrigeration compressors cartel;
- Acting for the complainants in four margin squeeze investigations before Ofcom, Ofgem and Ofwat;
- Acting for Royal Dutch Shell plc and affiliates in defending UK and Dutch claims for damages arising from the waxes cartel;
- Acting for merchants pursuing compensation in relation to anticompetitive interchange fees;
- Acting for a payment services provider in disputes with a payment system;
- Acting for a claimant logistics company in an arbitration over the lease of refrigerated trailers;
- Acting for Shell U.K. Limited in its successful appeal against the OFT’s infringement finding in Tobacco;
- Acting for Hutchison 3G UK Limited (Three) in litigation before the Competition Appeal Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court;
- Acting for a major multinational airline in commercial litigation and airport regulatory matters;
- Acting for Colt and Cable & Wireless UK in telecoms appeals before the Competition Appeal Tribunal; and
- Acting for Independent Water Networks Limited in successful litigation before the Court of Appeal opening up the scope for competition in the operation of water networks.
Mr Pike is recommended in Chambers UK, Europe and Global. He also led a team that jointly won Competition and Regulatory Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards 2012.
Before joining Constantine Cannon, Mr Pike spent 14 years with Baker & McKenzie LLP, including 4 years as a litigation partner in its London office and a year in its Chicago office.
- Solicitor-Advocate, England & Wales
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEECHES
The London office of Constantine Cannon is a separate and independent limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (with registered number OC376384) with a registered office at 1 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7DX. Constantine Cannon LLP in London is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The word "partner" denotes a member of Constantine Cannon LLP, or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications. The professional rules applicable to the firm are available at the SRA website at www.sra.org.uk/rules.