Emelyne is a second-seat Trainee Solicitor in the London office of Constantine Cannon LLP.
Emelyne assists the Art & Cultural Property Law, the Commercial Litigation and EU Antitrust Law groups. Within the Art & Cultural Property Law Group, she helps represent a broad range of clients, including collectors, galleries, auction houses and artists on contentious, non-contentious and regulatory matters.
She has presented at Christie’s Education London, the New College of the Humanities and Sotheby’s Institute of Art in London.
Prior to joining Constantine Cannon LLP, Emelyne interned in the Restitution Department of Christie’s London and separately gained experience in London City and Paris law firms.
- Part of a team representing a small group of dealers and collectors to challenge the ban imposed by the Ivory Act 2018 by way of a judicial review and appeal.
- Part of a team representing a leading gallery in the High Court and arbitration proceedings over claims brought by a high net worth family.
- Part of a team representing a leading antique dealer over the sale and purchase of a Medieval artefact.
- Part of the team advising a private equity group in relation to its acquisitions of Bonhams, an international auction house.
- Legal Practice Course (obtained with Distinction), The University of Law, London.
- MSc in Art Law and Business (obtained with Honours), Christie’s Education London.
- Double Degree in English Law and French Law (obtained with Honours), King’s College London, and The Sorbonne Law School.