August 1, 2019
Constantine Cannon’s groundbreaking settlement in Cisco receives extensive press coverage, including comments from whistleblower attorneys Mary Inman, Anne Hartman, Michael Ronickher, and Hamsa Mahendranathan:
- Cisco to Pay $8.6 Million to Settle Government Claims of Flawed Tech, New York Times, July 31, 2019.
- Cisco to pay $8.6 million fine for selling government hackable surveillance technology, Washington Post, July 31, 2019.
- Expert wins settlement in whistleblower case against Cisco, Associated Press, July 31, 2019.
- Cisco whistleblower gets first False Claims payout over cybersecurity, Reuters, July 31, 2019.
- Cisco settles with cybersecurity whistleblower, setting a precedent, CNBC, July 31, 2019.
- Cisco pays $8.6m after whistleblower discloses security flaws in video surveillance system, Computer Weekly, August 1, 2019.
- North Carolina joins $6 million settlement with Cisco over flawed security software, The News & Observer, August 1, 2019.