At Constantine Cannon, we recognize that diversity, equity, and inclusivity are essential to the success of our firm. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for people of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, veteran status, and abilities, and those who bring a diversity of thought, experience, worldview, and communication styles. To that end, Constantine Cannon works to:
- Hire, retain, and promote people, at all levels, who have been historically underrepresented or marginalized across the legal industry, including by providing training, mentoring, and access to professional development opportunities.
- Ensure that all firm policies reflect and further our firm’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
- Promote an inclusive environment for all firm personnel by:
- Fostering a culture of mutual respect;
- Providing education and training to increase DEI understanding and awareness among our colleagues;
- Empowering individuals to engage in DEI conversations and creating firmwide spaces for them;
- Encouraging formal or informal reporting of any DEI concerns and promptly addressing them; and
- Ensuring our physical workspaces are safe, comfortable, and welcoming for all colleagues and guests.
We continue to assess how our culture, systems, and practices are influenced by and perpetuate systemic discrimination and make a lasting commitment to use our efforts to promote fairness and justice not only at our firm, but across our profession and communities.